Directions to the Grove
The Grove is a 1.5-hour drive (approx. 82km) from Sydney, this can stretch to 2.5-hours if you travel at peak times – especially if leaving Sydney on a Friday afternoon.
Make sure you take these directions with you as there are areas with no mobile reception – hence your smart phone navigation may not work!
For those coming from Sydney, navigation devices will often direct people through Windsor – avoid this as it will add an extra hour on to the trip and include a 23km dirt road!
The Grove: 718 Webbs Creek Road Wisemans Ferry 2775
- Sydney Harbour and M2. Cross the harbor if not already on the North side and take the Lane Cove Tunnel and continue along the M2 motorway (approx. 23km). DO NOT continue along the M5 towards Windsor!
- Pennant Hills Road Exit. Take the Pennant Hills Road exit towards Castle Hill. Turn right on to Cumberland Hwy/Pennant Hills Road (1.2km)
- Castle Hill Road. Take a left at Castle Hill Road (650m)
- New Line Road. Turn right turn on to New Line Road (1.8km)
- Old Northern Road. At the roundabout take the first exit staying on New Line Road this late becomes Old Northern Road. From here it is a straight run to Wisemans Ferry via Dural, Glenorie, Forest Glen and Maroota
- Wisemans Ferry. At the last hair pin bend, as you approach Wisemans Ferry, make a left turn on to River Road (350m). This will take you past a small police station. Pull over and wait in the queue for the ferry to arrive. Follow the ferry operators’ instructions.
- Webbs Creek Ferry. Take the Webbs Creek Ferry which runs 24/7 to cross the Hawkesbury River (15mins). Continue straight along St Albans Road toward St Albans (5.2km). If driving at dusk, please watch out for wildlife
- Webbs Creek Mountain Road. Turn left at Webbs Creek Mountain Road. Head up a steep hair-pin road over the hill and down into the valley. The moment you get to the bottom you will see a sign ‘the Grove’. The driveway turns sharply left. Drive past the Grove timber home and on into the camping area – Welcome!
- For food supplies – there is a large supermarket at Glenorie
- The ferry is a free service provided by the local council and run 24hrs a day all year
- At Wisemans Ferry, there is a petrol station which sells ice, a small IGA and chemist